What Do I Do If A Dog Bites Me
Are you the victim of a vicious dog attack? Contact a lawyer at the Willumsen Law Firm, P.C., to find out your rights under Texas law.
Things any dog bite victim in Texas needs to know:
What To Do After A Dog Attack
- Call the local police and Animal Control Authorities to report the attack.
- Contact the dog owner.
- Take pictures of the injuries, the dog and the location of the attack.
- Seek immediate medical attention — dog bites can become infected quickly and you may need a tetanus shot.
- Contact the Willumsen Law Firm, P.C., to fight for your rights while you recover.
Dog Owner Consent
- Did the dog owner give you permission to pet the dog?
- Did the dog owner tell you the dog was nice or wouldn’t bite?
- Was the dog owner present at the time of the attack?
- Did the dog owner tell you the dog had never bitten before?
Where Did The Dog Bite Attack Occur?
- Dog owner’s property?
- Landlord’s property?
- Apartment complex?
- Family member/non-dog owner property?
What Is The Dog’s History?
- Has the dog shown signs of aggression previously?
- Does the dog have food or toy possessiveness issues?
- Was the dog sick or injured at the time of the attack?
- Has the dog bitten before?
- What type of breed was the dog?